Re: gEDA-user: make install doesn't work on OpenBSD

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 15:18 +0100, twibright@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello
>
> libgeda and gschem 1.3.1 make install doesn't work on OpenBSD. The icon-theme-installer calls /bin/bash which doesn't exist on OpenBSD. The bash is on OpenBSD under /usr/local/bin/bash

Best to use 1.4.0 not 1.3.1, since various fixes have been made.

Admittedly that fix _isn't_ in 1.4.0, but can be made for 1.4.1. Dan
already fixed icon-theme-installer to be /bin/sh compatible for PCB, and
I just need to copy those changes across (along with a few others).

We'll probably end up disabling / optionally disabling the use of
"intltool" for translating .desktop files, since it requires GNU gettext
(tools) to be installed.

As much as I'm loathed to be the cause of introducing something like
--enable-maintainer-mode in gEDA, shipping pre-translated files does
seem the next best alternative if I'm not allowed to depend on GNU
gettext tools being installed, and "something" must be enabled to make
the updates. (And bring in the dependencies on intltool).

Its a very tricky problem to solve neatly. (Why I've not acted on Ales's
request to add an option disabling intltool yet).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,