Re: gEDA-user: make install doesn't work on OpenBSD

Hi,

[snip]
> As much as I'm loathed to be the cause of introducing something like
> --enable-maintainer-mode in gEDA, shipping pre-translated files does
> seem the next best alternative if I'm not allowed to depend on GNU
> gettext tools being installed, and "something" must be enabled to make
> the updates. (And bring in the dependencies on intltool).

Yeah, tricky.  Why not just go down this path:  If you don't have GNU gettext
installed and/or you don't have intltool installed, completely disable
the building,
translating, and installing of any desktop support because the OS probably
does not have an appropriate desktop environment anyways.

Note, this applies to distributed releases only.  I'm not so worry
about this for
the repository version as much.  If it is possible to fix this for the
repository
version, then fine, but it's not the biggest issue at the moment.

-Ales