Re: gEDA-user: make install doesn't work on OpenBSD

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 09:48 -0500, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [snip]
> > As much as I'm loathed to be the cause of introducing something like
> > --enable-maintainer-mode in gEDA, shipping pre-translated files does
> > seem the next best alternative if I'm not allowed to depend on GNU
> > gettext tools being installed, and "something" must be enabled to make
> > the updates. (And bring in the dependencies on intltool).
> >

> Yeah, tricky.  Why not just go down this path:  If you don't have GNU gettext
> installed and/or you don't have intltool installed, completely disable
> the building,
> translating, and installing of any desktop support because the OS probably
> does not have an appropriate desktop environment anyways.

Thats not the big issue.. the one which stumps me, is that we need to
decide at autogen.sh time whether to run intltoolize. (IE. whether to
ship a tarball with intltool or more native gettext scripts in /po/).

Do you know if Gnome or KDE run on boxes which might not have GNU
gettext?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,