Re: gEDA-user: gschem slotting bug

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 15:25 +0000, Peter Baxendale wrote:
> Using gschem 1.3.1.20080110, if I start a new design, insert a
> 7400-1.sym (for example) and change the slot number, the displayed pin
> numbers don't change. If I save and exit, then restart gschem with the
> design, the pin numbers are now correct. In fact, I can then change the
> slot number and the pin numbers now change as they should. Seems to be a
> problem with any slotted symbol you've just inserted - have to save,
> exit and restart before the pin numbers display properly.
>
> Is this a known bug?

That symptom does not exhibit for me in 1.4.0.

Can you check the version again, and whether 1.4.0 still gives issues
for you? I can't think of anything which has been fixed since 1.3.1.

Werner committed a fix prior to 1.4.0 which updates the pinnumbers in
o_update_component(), but that doesn't sound to be the same code-path as
you're exercising here.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton