Re: gEDA-user: data format for gEDA gschem and pcb and gerbv

One more thing about IPC Gencam:   There's a sourceforge project with
a set of tools for using the API as of 2002, that has title web page saying IPC-2510,
which is the non-XML version.   It has sample files in a dir called Sample_GenCAM_files/
They have clues as to how they were made:

GENCAM:"1.5";  GENERATEDBY:"IPC Manual methods for IPC-782 Land Pattern Calculator",	"rev 0.0";
GENERATEDBY: "Router Solutions Inc.", "CAMCAD Professional 3.7.1a";
GENERATEDBY:"IPC Manual methods for IPC-782 Land Pattern Calculator", "rev 0.0",ALPHA;
GENERATEDBY: "Expedition PCB", "2000.5";

It also has two sample apps:  GenCAM Data Viewer GenCAM Report Generator
made with java.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=43084

says it was funded by Intel, has Intel license, similar to MIT lic., is administered by Georgia Tech University.

If we started making exporters to this format, we'd probably be

the only publicly available way....  ODB++ seems to have been ramrodded through by
IPC and NEMI members owning tools that used it.
There's a mention of a task force tasked with merging  ODB++ and Gencam 2.0, (the XML version).

http://www.gencam.net/home/default.htm has the latest info so far I've found.
Ther is a group called ecommerce alliance with members Agilent Technologies, Router Solutions,
Teradyne, Georgia Institute of Technology, DeMille Research

DeMille Research is unusual, they do repairs of misfabbed boards, and offer a data translation
service to what they call TestSight®  XML.   I wonder if they would support open source tools that use Gencam 2.0?

http://www.testsight.com/services.htm

John G

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX