gEDA-user: New user - Annoyances

As a new gEDA used who has completed a couple schematics now, I have a few
comments and questions. There are various inconsistencies in what the
mouse buttons do between various functions. Some of these are annoying and
could be modified to make it all easier to use. For example:

When you are adding nets, the left button ends a net segment and you can
continue the net with adding another segment with another left click, etc.
However, when you are done and on the last segment, you have to left click
it and then right click to stop adding to the net. It would be much
simpler to just be able to right click on the last segment to complete the
segment and stop the net.

When you are adding lines, at the end of the first line segment, you left
click as you do when adding nets, but that ends the line and you have to
left click again to start a new segment. To be consistent, a left click
should end the line segment, but moving the mouse should continue adding a
new line segment until you right click which should add the last segment
and stop the add line function.

When adding components, a left click instantiates the component and each
subsequent left click adds an other until the last one where you have to
left click and then right click to stop adding. Again it would be nice to
right click on the last instance, leaving it in place, and have that stop
the add components function.

I had a similar problem with the copy command stopping after just one
copy. Now I have just found the multiple copy command which operates as I
would have expected the copy command to work. The only thing I would
change is to have it make the last copy and stop copying with a right
click. I don't see any reason for having two copy commands at all.

Now, my question is, is there the capability for a user to change this
basic functionality through the key-mapping or config files? I have looked
through the files and have not been able to find what I am looking for. Of
course, I may not recognize it if I found it anyway. Or, are these
operational functions things that would require modification the the
program source files? If so, which files would I need to look into and
where can I find info on recompiling the system?

I am retired now but I have used several schematic capture systems over my
career and I have not really liked most of them. I actually prefer gEDA in
many ways over any of them. I just would like to make it even better.

Thanks,
Steve