Re: gEDA-user: New user - Hierarchy problem

I think grefdes is what I remembered reading about. I have now tried it
and in general, it does a nice job. Now I need to learn some Perl to
understand it better. It does not seem to understand about schematic
hierarchy however. It renames/renumbers even refdes names for the
hierarchy inputs and outputs that don't need numbers. I had an input with
a refdes of Vin and it changed it to Vin1. gnetlist -g drc2 then
complained about the missing refdes because the page symbol was still
looking for Vin not Vin1. Also, while this is a handy program, it does not
solve my problem since it is operating at the schematic page level. I need
something operating at the upper level of gnetlist so that when I am
generating a bom or a netlist it will take into account the sub-schematic
levels and modify the refdes accordingly. I have looked at the scheme
files for generating the bom and pads netlist and so far, I can't figure
out what they are doing and how to make them do what I want. I am not at
all familiar with Scheme or GUILE so I guessing that's next on my list of
things I need to learn.

Steve