Re: gEDA-user: Building the PCB+GL branch [WAS: Re: Open GL survey (for PCB)]

On Feb 6, 2009, at 12:36 PM, der Mouse wrote:
>> And if I had a nickel for every time I've heard people, even
>> knowledgeable people, incorrectly use the term "broadband" to mean
>> "high-speed Internet connection" (when most such connections are, in
>> fact, baseband)..
>
> They are?  DSL certainly isn't (the baseband there is the audio range,
> which DSL specifically avoids) and,

   My definition of "broadband" is "multiple communication channels
sharing bandwidth on the same medium", which does not, IMO, describe
DSL.  What is yours?

> while I don't know the cable-TV
> transport well enough to be sure, what little I've heard indicates
> that
> it's not baseband either....

   Cable-TV networks are broadband.  The vast majority of high-speed
network connections around here are DSL.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL