Re: gEDA-user: Trace impedance calculations in PCB

On Thursday 12 February 2009, Jeffrey Gregory wrote:
> Are there any plans to add trace impedance calculations to
> PCB?  If not, is there an argument against it or just that no
> one has time and interest?  What alternatives do people use?

Nobody who knows how has stepped up to do it.

That is one of the reasons we need a translator system that
(among others) will translate a PCB to a netlist format.  When
that happens, Gnucap is ready to do a full SI simulation,
including IBIS.   ... and of course trace impedance.