Re: gEDA-user: Trace impedance calculations in PCB

On Thursday 12 February 2009, Edward Hennessy wrote:
> Is there a field solver that could be used?

I know about Fastcap and Fasthenry .. from MIT I think.

There's also "atlc".
http://atlc.sourceforge.net/

There are simple formulas that work for some cases.  If you
don't want to model coupling, they are good enough.  To really
model coupling you need a field solver.

The biggest block to having it for PCB is file format
translation.

> Will this work
> for a PCB?
>
> http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/eip

Don't know, but the licensing is not appropriate, so I am not
going to bother to find out.