Re: gEDA-user: Trace impedance calculations in PCB

I generally do this kind of analysis separate from my layout tool (PCB
or whatever) because many of the other parameters needed for the
calculation are not usually tracked or updated by the layout tool
(dielectric constant, dielectric thickness, stackup, copper thickness,
distance from external conductors, etc.).  What would help would be a
easy and readable way to extract trace lengths and spacings from PCB,
like a distance tool that returns the width and length of a trace
section and spacing from another trace section (for differential or
CPW lines).

Joe T.