Re: gEDA-user: more board fab discussion (was Re: Interesting board defect)

   I just sent out a board which I had quoted on FR4 and Rogers 4350.
   The Rogers material was more expensive, but for sure not 4x more.  I
   won't get the boards back for a couple days yet, but I've seen other
   proto's they did for us (on .031" Rogers 4350 w/ immersion silver
   plating) and they looked good.  The shop we used is Prototron.  They
   have fabs in Redmond WA and Tucson, but I think maybe only the Tucson
   shop has the Rogers material in stock.   I know for sure that it is
   only the Tucson shop that can do the immersion silver.
   Joe T

   On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Larry Doolittle
   <[1]ldoolitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     Gabriel -
     On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 03:47:10PM +0100, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
     > Did not nee for this, and my RF designs use Rogers' substrates
     which
     > are much more reproducible than FR4 at frequencies above 2GHz.
     I'm currently searching for a U.S. fab for prototype quantity
     of Rogers' boards that doesn't charge 4X what I'm used to for FR4.
     I have some leads, but a lot of places I expected to be reasonable
     are not.  Have you or others on this list found such a place?
      - Larry