Re: gEDA-user: Interesting board defect

Am Montag, den 16.02.2009, 09:50 +0000 schrieb Dylan Smith:
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009, Dave N6NZ wrote:
>
> On Chinese fabs...
>
> > So... it's hard to beat BatchPCB's price for one-offs, but I've decided
> > to dial back a bit on how hard I push their technology.  I've never
> > gotten a straight answer from them anyway on design rule questions.
>
> I've used PCB Cart for a few boards (dealt with them directly). They
> probably are a bit more expensive for one-offs, but the boards I got back
> for a project using 0.4mm pitch LQFP (a 4 layer board) with minimum DRC
> trace/clearance of 6/6 came back from them perfect. They seem very
> flexible and don't have any odd design rules. They do free electrical
> testing for boards that are 4 layers or more.

Interesting.

I consider using PCB Cart myself -- price is good, and I heard that
quality and support is fine too.

I have a 4 layer board too.

Have you send gerbers from PCB program?
Is there something special to watch for?

I think they have no information for impedance control on their page (we
need to know layer separation to calculate impedance). Have you manage
to get defined impedances for your traces?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski