Re: gEDA-user: Interesting board defect

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:36:02 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> I consider using PCB Cart myself -- price is good,

Just checked it.

Some remarks:

* 4 Layers will take 12 working days minimum, plus what ever it takes for
fedex to ship from china. If you don't register for "open account"
payment needs to be confirmed before production time begins.

* Shipping and customs and EUSt have to be added on top of the quoted
price.

* There is a maximum number of holes. (300 for my 100x100mm test case)

* Design rules are modestly aggressive:
	minimum drill = 0.4 mm
  	minimum track width, minimum spacing = 0.2 mm
        minimum annular ring = 0.25 mm
  My preferred fab offers about 0.75 times these values as standard.

* Poor english on the webpage. E.g: "For small quantity, if by air the
extra cost will make it not save" (no full stop).

> I think they have no information for impedance control on their page

There is an item "impedance control" in their quote. I'd guess, this
could be set this to some other value on request.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211