Re: gEDA-user: Made a hierarchical netlister, would like to contribute to gEDA

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 13:17 -0800, Yamazaki R2 wrote:
> Hi all,
>    Over the past few weeks Ive been slowly working on a hierarchical
>    netlister wrapper program that uses gnetlist to make a true
>    hierarchical spice netlist. It has a lot of missing features that I
>    want to have soon and requires some things from the gschem schematics
>    to properly work, but I'll be working on slowly removing those
>    dependancies so it's more standalone. I also want to either work on
>    integrating the code to genetlist or removing the requirement for it
>    completely. I'm not a programmer and have been literally learning C as
>    I go (I already knew the basically since Ive programmed in other
>    languages before). How do I contibute my code to the gEDA repository
>    and maybe have others contribute? I have never contributed to a open
>    source project before so I don't know how this works.
>    Thanks

Show us the code you have so far, send (small) patches which you think
should be taken upstream by the project. Small, atomic fixes per patch..
we won't accept big changesets containing multiple unrelated changes.

Since this sounds like major work, perhaps you could document some of
your design, what the problems with the existing code are, and how you
would like to see them fixed. (We may be able to help there).

I'm intending to work on gnetlist (internals) during the next gEDA
cycle, so if there are any specific requirements of such a backend, it
would be good to document them.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,