Re: gEDA-user: Made a hierarchical netlister, would like to contribute to gEDA

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Yamazaki R2 <yamazakir2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hi all,
>   Over the past few weeks Ive been slowly working on a hierarchical
>   netlister wrapper program that uses gnetlist to make a true
>   hierarchical spice netlist.

This is a great news.

>   It has a lot of missing features that I
>   want to have soon and requires some things from the gschem schematics
>   to properly work, but I'll be working on slowly removing those
>   dependancies so it's more standalone. I also want to either work on
>   integrating the code to genetlist or removing the requirement for it
>   completely.

Are you extending gnetlist or writing your own netlister from scratch?
(for me any is OK).

>   I'm not a programmer and have been literally learning C as
>   I go (I already knew the basically since Ive programmed in other
>   languages before).

Arguably, C is not best suited for text processing, both Perl or
Python would make your job far easier. Of course if you are working on
gnetlist you are limited to C+Scheme.

>   How do I contibute my code to the gEDA repository
>   and maybe have others contribute? I have never contributed to a open
>   source project before so I don't know how this works.

How about placing your code on sourceforge or google code so that
anyone interested can look at it?

Thanks,
-r.