Re: gEDA-user: GL pcb bugs and a question re the log/library window, gerber outline output

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 08:02:42PM +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> I think the first hint of trouble is exemplified by PCB's failure to
> clear this the 360 degree arc from the polygon. I've distilled a
> test-case from your example (attached).

Yes, as soon as he said it I figured that the self-intersecting arc would
blow up.

> I wonder if (as a workaround) you'd get better results from two
> half-arcs, rather than one arc which touches its-self.

If it were a line PCB would meld it, but it might work for an arc.  On
the other hand, coincident lines (which normally would have been merged
but were not for some reason) have caused other clearing problems.

I think the only straightforward way to fix the self-intersecting arc is
to build it internally from two parts and union them.  Might be slow on
teardrop'd boards.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>