gEDA-user: libgd -- which programs uses it

Which programs of the gEDA tools are still using libgd?

My impression is, that the core gEDA/gaf-tools do not use it anymore --
is this correct?

In INSTALL for gschem 1.4.3 old libgdgeda is mentioned:

"libgdgeda 2.0.15 (optional; you also need zlib and libpng for this
lib)"

Is there a good reason why someone would use still libgdgeda?

For PCB things are very clear due to detailed explanation in INSTALL
file:

"png -- png/gif/jpeg output.  This HID uses gdlib to do
        the majority of the work."

So we need gdlib==libgd if compiled for png/gif/jpeg output.

Thanks

Stefan Salewski