Re: gEDA-user: libgd -- which programs uses it

On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 23:26 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Which programs of the gEDA tools are still using libgd?
>
> My impression is, that the core gEDA/gaf-tools do not use it anymore --
> is this correct?
>
> In INSTALL for gschem 1.4.3 old libgdgeda is mentioned:
>
> "libgdgeda 2.0.15 (optional; you also need zlib and libpng for this
> lib)"
>
> Is there a good reason why someone would use still libgdgeda?

No, the documentation was just obsolete. I've just pushed a patch
removing references to libgd and libgdgeda from gschem.

(Ok, two references to the behaviour of libgd remain in x_image.c, which
I didn't remove. The whole commented block of code they reside in could
probably go though).

The documentation is still probably hideously out of date in other
respects though.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,