Re: gEDA-user: Interesting board defect

Am Dienstag, den 17.02.2009, 14:41 +0000 schrieb Kai-Martin Knaak:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:11:30 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
>
> > Yes, but total costs are still not bad. If I remember correctly: Four
> > boards, 4 layer, each 26cm * 32cm will give total something about 1000
> > Dollar.
>
> My favorite Germany based fab, Basista, quotes 992.92 EUR for 5 such
> boards, shipping and VAT included.

Interesting: I have seen on their page: 123 Euro/dm^2 for 4 layer
boards.

this is 3.2*2.6*123 = 1023.36 Euro for one board.

I will investigate this more deeply.

>  Four boards won't be any cheaper. This
> is a panel issue. At the current exchange rate 1000 USD converts to 785
> EUR. So the Basista quote is not that much over the top. Delivery time is
> 8 days. Half of the time the package arrives early. Last time I had a
> short on a pcb from Basista was way back in 2003.
>
> There is a fairly comprehensive list of pcb fabs in the dse-faq:
> http://www.dse-faq.elektronik-kompendium.de/dse-faq.htm
>
> ---<(kaimartin)>---

Problem is that not all pcb fabs like PCB's gerbers -- some ask for
additional money for gerber import, some give good prices only for
propritary formats like eagle.

It may be good to make a list of fabs which can work fine with PCB's
gerbers and do not try to blame the PCB program for problems.

One very cheap which can handle PCB's gerbers fine is
http://www.bilex-lp.com in hungary, but I think they can make only 2
layers and no fine structures.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski