Re: gEDA-user: Interesting board defect

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:11:30 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Yes, but total costs are still not bad. If I remember correctly: Four
> boards, 4 layer, each 26cm * 32cm will give total something about 1000
> Dollar.

My favorite Germany based fab, Basista, quotes 992.92 EUR for 5 such
boards, shipping and VAT included. Four boards won't be any cheaper. This
is a panel issue. At the current exchange rate 1000 USD converts to 785
EUR. So the Basista quote is not that much over the top. Delivery time is
8 days. Half of the time the package arrives early. Last time I had a
short on a pcb from Basista was way back in 2003.

> The only company which I aware of here in Germany which is not
> much more expensive is http://www.microcirtec.de

There is a fairly comprehensive list of pcb fabs in the dse-faq:
http://www.dse-faq.elektronik-kompendium.de/dse-faq.htm

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211