Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL Progress

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 01:27:08 -0500, Mark wrote:

> Peter added --enable-gl to configure.

Thanks. I got a successfull compile with:
 ./configure --disable-doc --enable-dbus --enable-gl

First impressions with one of my more clouded layouts:

Thin draw of polygons looks nice. However, it is about as slow as full
polygons. See the redraw rates below. If this is added permanently, I
would ask for a single click option to completely disable polygon
display. Currently, my work-around is to put all polygons in special
layers and temporarily attach them to their own layer group.

Results of the benchmark() command on my not quite up-to-date
desktop hardware (3600 BogoMIPS, glxgears ~1500):

full polygons: 2.7 redraws/sec
thin draw polygons: 2.6 redraws/sec
polygon layers off: 126 redraws/sec

Redraw rate depends only marginally on the depth of zoom. How come? I
assume, only a few objects need to be considered when zoomed way in.

---<(kaimartin)>---