Re: gEDA-user: pcb: All v. Any pin connectivity

>> Routing signals through those internal connections
>> would have been no issue at all, though I wouldn't
>> have thought to actually do so in the projects in
>> question (and adding the extra copper to satisfy
>> the netlist was no big deal).

> I imagine that's often the case.  With a switch
> matrix, however, it can be a huge help in
> eliminating crossings.

Don't know if it is the least work option.

I however got around this by drawing 4 pins on the
switch.  Connecting the common ones in the schematic.
Finally putting in a fake copper layer in PCB with a
small copper shunt between the commons.

I guess the danger in that one is that someone in
the future that doesn't realise why might make a
three (four) layer PCB when it is not needed.