Re: gEDA-user: pcb join pad to polygon

Peter Clifton wrote:

For 0.01 Ohm sensing, you probably want to attempt at making a kelvin
connection, see http://www.edn.com/article/CA502424.html

Interesting. I'm really not yet convinced on the best trace width - if it turns out to be larger than the pad size of that 0.1 Ohm resistor, than it is irrelevant.

There's a bunch of calculators online to help figure out appropriate trace width. I suppose that they assume DC. My app is audio, so the likelihood of an average current is much lower. I really care about the peaks, and more importantly, a short circuit. So even then, by the time the circuit figures out there is a short, the drive circuit is already shut down (maybe the order of tens of microseconds, or so). I don't expect things to heat up much - which implies that the kelvin technique would work. I'm just not sure though, which route to go.

gene