Re: gEDA-user: pcb action to set refdes?

Ok, so the way I eventually solved this was to set the first refdes in
the element file, then paste in the subsequent parts in refdes order.
The autoincrement handled it from there.

The sequence is like this:

LoadFrom(ElementToBuffer,packages/SYMBOLNAME)
PasteBuffer(ToLayout,2000,2000,mils)
FreeRotateBuffer(-72)
(repeat PasteBuffer and FreeRotateBuffer four times, using trig to
determine PasteBuffer coords)
SaveTo(Layout)
Quit()

I made a Python script to generate this sequence, which I piped into
pcb --listen

(It would be so nice to have a real scripting language in pcb, and an
interactive shell like a proper CAD program does.)

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--