Re: gEDA-user: right-mouse-click rotate

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:52:50 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> Perhaps the key-binding has come from somewhere else?,

Hmm, there are a few gpcb-menu.res files scattered on my hard disk. How
does pcb decide which to pull in?

> or you have a really really old checkout of my branch?

Well, it is the version with the big black 3d knob on the left. Does this
count as really, really old?

> Personally, I prefer middle click pan, right click rotate (I think), I'm
> not even sure I know what the "stroke" mode does. (Or perhaps the other
> way around).
>
> In gschem, when not placing components - middle click drag pans, but
> when placing components.. middle click rotates by 90.
>
> I don't really want to start a debate about what the best keybindings
> are...

My two cents to this debate: The default bindings should include an
immediate access to rotate when moving components or symbols around. The
current default with pcb requires to change to the rotation mode. This is
a bit awkward.

> just to point out that they are customisable in gpcb-menu.res

Is there some official info anywhere on the syntax?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: