Re: gEDA-user: any last minute advice prior to sending out for PCB fab

Hi -

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 02:40:50PM -0500, Bob Paddock wrote:
> I'm making the assumption you will have a contractor build quantities someday,
> in automated equipment.  These will (at least should) lower production costs:

Although OT, I appreciate and try to learn from discussions like this.

> Do you have at least three Fudicuals on all of your boards?

I know what fiducials look like, but haven't seen a "footprint"
for one within pcb.  Am I blind?  Is there a standard recipe for
making one?

> These compensate for film stretching, board alignment during assembly etc.

The last time I asked a board loading house about fiducials, they
said they gave up and just optically register to the component
footprint itself.

> Have you specified tooling holes for panels?: [chop]
> Have you specified how to route and/or score the boards?

This is something I have never gotten into.  I guess my boards
are always too large and/or the order too few to care.

> Have you put Fudicuals on components, such as tiny QFN packages, or
> even massive TQFP and BGAs.

I don't think you said what you wanted to say.

   - Larry