Re: gEDA-user: Part (and net) identifying tooltips for PCB

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 20:32 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > I've knocked it together as a proof of concept. The APIs used were
> > introduced in GTK 2.12 unfortunately (I didn't see much point
> > writing new code using the old deprecated APIs which weren't as
> > useful).
>
> Does this mean I need to upgrade from 2.10 ?

If you want to try the feature out.. yes!

I've not pushed it to the repository, as it needs this (and other)
details tidying up. I was hoping someone inspired might "finish" the
patch for me ;)

Its probably most sensible just to wrap the offending code in a GTK
version check (compile time), rather than bump our requirement - its not
as if lack of tool-tips is a serious problem.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,