Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org down

On Feb 27, 2010, at 10:36 AM, John Griessen wrote:
Winter in Pennsylvania, summer here in Tasmania. need rsync & round-robin
dns.

Rsync is being used for mirroring, but I'm not sure what the DNS setup is.
Ping says it is alternating.  The mirror server was quick for a while
after I added an A record at my hosting service's DNS server, but
is back to slow unresponsive, and does eventually serve pages after multiple attempts.

How do you do round robin DNS? I think DJs DNS server may still be on and overruling
mine.

BIND round-robins returned records automatically. For example, you can set up multiple A records for the same name, and successive queries return all of them rotated by one.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL