Re: gEDA-user: New Column: From the CAD Library

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 13:38:30 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > What are people using this software for that requires better than 10
> > millionths of an inch accuracy?
>
> The problem people see is that a metric grid is rounded to the inch
> units, so a 45 degree line does NOT always end on a grid point, due to
> X and Y being rounded different ways.  So PCB adds an 0.01 mil stub on
> the end to connect the "diagonal" line to the grid point.

So that's why I get the little stubs...  That is actually a more
annoying problem than the length display error since those stray
"stubs" clutter the layout, especially when you want to select and
delete/move/modifiy groups of traces.

Regards,
Colin