Re: gEDA-user: transition of pcb internal units to metric (SI, mm)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 13:41:12 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please don't start the discussion again; we already came to a
> reasonable conclusion last time.

Sorry, I was trying to show that this thread is heading toward
duplicating that discussion.

> * nanometer internal units
>
> * 32-bit values on 32-bit machines, 64-bit on 64-bit.
>
> * configure option for 64-bit values regardless of machine in case you
>   need a board larger than seven

Well, I understand your points above as being *exactly* what I just
said.

As I said before my comments, I was primarily trying to summarize the
resolution of the prior discussion and the rationale in a productive
way since it sounded like this thread was heading in the same direction
as the previous discussion.  So this present thread about using "mm"
internal units is really going to be resolved when the nanometer-unit
solution previously identified is actually implemented.

Regards,
Colin