Re: gEDA-user: OT: High Temperature Connector

On 02/12/2011 03:57 PM, John Luciani wrote:
The vertical tabs are too tall. Not sure about machine placeable
R/A SMD tabs.

You know what a "low profile" spade connector would look like?
It would be a flat bar of copper, plated with tin,
and with a dogleg bend in it -- very machine placeable...at just the right spot
near the edge of a board.  You could also make a milled notch at the board edge where
it goes to make it even more "finger assembly friendly".

If it doesn't exist as a standard product and you like the idea, I know where to
ask to get it prototyped in days and samples in a week. <wink>

It would be pure "finger assembly"!

John

PS  the Zierick IDC connectors are all copper, and reflowable, so they can do 150 deg C
forever.  Copper doesn't have any annealing properties that change any lower than
400 deg F I am sure.  Tin is also good at 400 deg F.  That's 204 deg C...