Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

DJ Delorie wrote:

>>    http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_layers
>
> I already have a master "PCB Roadmap" at http://geda.seul.org/wiki/pcb:roadmap
>
> It already has a Wish List in it, and already has a bullet for a layer
> design update.

Martin did not ask for a general pcb wish list, but for an in depth
discussion of a single topic.

> Please stop making new pages for every new individual idea when
> there's already pages for them.

I didn't even start. The roadmap is definitely not a page for
brainstorming about layer issues. Instead, the kind of single
topic page Martin asked for, matches the ones listed in
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/#work-in-progress_and_or_brainstorming

> Also, please keep all the pcb-specific pages in the "pcb:" namespace,
> not the "geda:" namespace.

You mean, unlike:
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb-quick_reference
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_footprints
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-pcb
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_funding_sow
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_mp
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_footprint_naming_conventions

What pages are in the pcb hierarchy anyway?
The root http://geda.seul.org/wiki/pcb:start does not exist.
A search for pcb in the wiki returns only the roadmap in pcb
name space. Everything else is in top name space, or in the
geda name space. http://geda.seul.org/wiki/?do=search&id=pcb

If separation of name spaces is an important issue, I suggest
to start with the pages linked above.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak