Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

     > I am not shure if it is possible to have non-circular drill holes
     in
     > gerber files. We can have the "pad" around the hole be of any
     shape,
     > but the hole itself probably needs to be circular.
     We can have any shape hole we want, if we export it as a gerber file
     instead of an excellon file.  However, that doesn't mean the fab
     will
     manufacture it.

   DJ is right in wanting to output arbitrary shapes for holes.
   In Flex boards you can:
        *Mechanically drill them, resulting in circular holes
        *Mechanically route them, resulting in slots
        *Mechanically punch them (in a press), resulting in squares,
   circles, ovals, and other reasonable shapes.
        *Laser drill them, resulting in any shape you can think of
   More than one of these are available for hard boards as well,
   especially the thinner hard boards.
   Andy Miner