Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb cannot find components

Vincent wrote:

> The gsch2pcb does not
> find the components the project file is the same I used before, here is
> the output
>
> [Vinny@HP1 T14511_1]$ gsch2pcb project
> usage: gsch2pcb [options] {project | foo.sch [foo1.sch ...]}

This is how gsch2pcb responds if the project file it is called with
contains things it does not understand or if it can't find the file
in the first place. (IMHO, gsch2pcb could do a better job to communicate
the reason for failure to the user)

What does your project file contain?
By the way: I'd give a more distinctive name to the project file.
For example:
	T14511.g2p

> Additional Resources:
>
>   gEDA homepage:  http://www.geda.seul.org
>   PCB homepage:   http://pcb.sf.net
                           ^^^^^^^^^^
Ouups. PCB does not reside at sourceforge anymore.
I'll file a patch.

> Then I found that if load the schematic from the menu
> "Applications/electronics/ ..." all components are properly loaded, but
> if I login the working directory and run "gschem T14511.sch" it loads
> the schematic without components

Seems like you have a some config files in places where you don't
expect them. You may check the log window of gschem to see, what
config files are loaded. Is there any difference?

> I also ran "gnetlist T14511.sch" this
> is the result:
> [Vinny@HP1 T14511_1]$ gnetlist T14511.sch
> Could not open [Mouser]
<snip>
> You gave neither backend to execute nor interactive mode!

Apart from the not found symbols, this tells you that you
did not tell gnetlist what to do after it is done with reading
the schematic. Use "gnetlist -g $BACKEND foobar.sch" to do so.
replace $BACKEND with one of the supported backends
More information on command line options with
	gnetlist --help

Hope, this helps,

----<)kaimartin(>----
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211