Re: gEDA-user: pcb commands to automatically select, cut, rotate, and paste elements

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:14:49 +0100
Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> DJ Delorie wrote:
>
> > Or write a plugin that does a MoveComponent()
>
> A MoveComponent() action would be a major step toward general
> scriptability. IMHO, this should be part of the core, not as a
> volatile plugin.

Is there some dbus support for controlling pcb?  I noticed the
following entry in the output of pcb's 'configure --help':

--enable-dbus           Enable DBUS IPC

It would be neat if one could use Python or Perl another similar
language to script pcb through IPC.

Regards,
Colin