Re: gEDA-user: pcb plugin smartdisperse fails on load

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 21:04 -0800, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 05:01:33AM +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> > Mark Rages wrote:
> >
> > > License allowing, can you please post the fixed plugins somewhere?
> >
> > The necessary modifications are simple one-liners.
> > Both are plugins are GPL, so here you go:
> > 	http://lilalaser.de/tmp/smartdisperse.c
>
> Thanks for fixing that.  You got to it before I even saw the first
> message about the breakage.  I updated the copy I link from gedasymbols.
> I was dismayed to see I have that source under RCS (!) control.  Time
> to upgrade!

> I'll made the change to distalign.c too.  I still think that's a plugin
> worthy of being plumbed into the UI.  Earlier discussions of arcs made
> me think that "distribute along arc" wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think if we continue with plugins the way we do, we need some API to
advertise an API version, and means for plugins to load (or fail to
load) based upon compatibility with a given version.

Whilst I hate the idea - providing some headers which allow conditional
compilation of code depending on PCB version might be necessary for some
changes. E.g. the max_layer split.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,