Re: gEDA-user: How do busses work in gschem?

Hi,

>Sorry to ask what should be an obvious question, but I want to make sure
>I know what I'm going to get...
>Can someone give me a quick rundown on how the bus tool works in gschem?
>I create a bus, and add nets to it, but how do I know which nets are
>which at the other end(s)?  How do you number the nets as they enter the
>bus?  Thanks.

	At this point in time with version 20021103, bus support in
gschem is cosmetic/visual *only*.  gnetlist for the most part ignores
buses.

	But for now just name your buses with some convention
(ie. DATA[7:0]) and then name your nets appropriately (DATA0, DATA1,
DATA2...)  and things should keep working once I finish bus support
in gnetlist (which has been taking me years to finish for some reason).
Bus/net naming/numbering conventions have not been set in stone yet.

								-Ales

(and no, it's an good question, especially since there is zero
 gEDA/gaf documentation on this topic)