Re: gEDA-user: icarus verilog testsuite for iverilog_vpi

jean.kim@cross-network.com said:
> I like to use tf_exprinfo routine in my c++ routine. I didn't see this
> routine in veriuser.h, if I declare extern tf_exprinfo routine in this
> file, would it work?

No, because tf_exprinfo is not implemented. Icarus Veriog officially
supports the PLI 2.0 (the vpi_* routines) but provides a compatibility
library to implement some of the tf_ and acc_ functions.

jean.kim@cross-network.com said:
> Is there any way I can use makefile for compilation for c++ files and
> v files to specify dependency and only updated module compilation?

Verilog files (.v files) cannot be incrementally compiled. As for .c
files that go into VPI modules, the compiler switches for compiling
these VPI modules vary from operating system to system. That is why
I punted and buried the process in the iverilog-vpi program. If you
are working on Linux, however, it is relatively easy and you can
look at how the iverilog-vpi program invokes the compiler.
steve at picturel.com         and lines to code before I sleep,