Re: gEDA-user: Symbol Error

Hi --

Here are some possibilities:

*  You have attached the "device" attribute twice.  Highlight the
symbol, and go into the symbol editor (hierarchy -> down symbol).
Turn on all invisible text (edit -> how/hide invisible text), and
delete one of the two device attribtes.

*  You also need to translate the symbol close to the origin.  In the
symbol editor zoom way out & then move the symbol to the lower left
corner of the screen.   This shouldn't affect your ability to load the
symbol, but it is kind of a PITA that the symbol shows up waaaaaay
displaced from the cursor.

*  YOu have attached the "footprint" attribute at the
symbol level.  IIRC, it should be attached at the schematic level.
(Although I could be wrong about this . . . .)

If these don't help, then can you please be a little more explicit
about what doesn't work about the symbol (what tool are you running
when you get barfage)?  I was able to load it successfully using
gschem-20031231 (CVS version).

Stuart