Re: gEDA-user: Holes in plygons

> Sometimes I would like to make a hole in polygon following a trace on the other
> side of the PCB to reduce the capacity of the trace against a ground plane. Is
> this a good idea? If yes, how can I do it using PCB? And if it can not be done,
> is there a way I could hack this up into the code of PCB? If yes, which way
> should such a function be added?

In src/print.c, in PrintLayergroups(), search for CLEARLINEFLAG.  Find
"layer = LAYER_PTR (number)".  You'll have to add a loop there to
check every layer, not just the ones that actually intersect the
polygon.

I can't think of an easy way to make this a generic change in PCB.
We'd have to do something like PIPflag does, but for lines, and figure
out some way to let the user mark the lines as "connects", "clear
poly", "clear poly all layers".