Re: gEDA-user: OT: need fine (5 to 10 mils) solder

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --
From: Darrell Harmon <dlharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
David Koski wrote:

>I have some boards to produce that have components with about a 9 mil
>pad spacing and my 15 mil solder is a little big.  After searching on
>line I gave up in frustration trying to find an online store that
>sells ultra fine solder although 15 mils (0.015) seems common. I did
>find one manufacturer but could not find anyone that would sell a pound
>or less (or even more.) Any clues appreciated.
>
>Best Regards,
>David

I soldered my single board computer using 0.020.  The key was to use a
flux pen and drag soldering as DJ Delorie suggestied.  Digikey has the
flux pens.  I used the water soluble flux and solder for easy cleanup.
The soldering iron tip I used covers about 3 leads.

--
Darrell Harmon
100x100mm SBC running GNU/Linux: