Re: gEDA-user: gschem and op-amps and spice

> Delivery-Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:08:25 -0500
> From: Matt Flax <flatmax@xxxxxxxxx>

I hope I am not too late to help!

> I have a problem ... when gnetlist converts the gschem file to a spice
> circuit, it doesn't list all of the op-amp sub circuit pin ins ...
>
> for example it should read :
> XU1 0 1 4 5 2 op290
> but reads (after running gnetlist):
> XU1 0 1 4 op290
>
> Is there a way to better specify an op-amp in gschem ... some attributes
> or something ?

Are you using spice-sdb?  If so, take a look at the symbol file for
the opamp itself.  Since 10.14.2003, spice-sdb only puts pins into the
netlist if they have a pinseq attribute attached to them.  The pinseq
attribute should specify which order the pins appear in the pin list
on the SPICE card.

(Note that I did this because you need to be careful about the pin
ordering on the SPICE card since .model and .subckt files list the
connecting pins in a particular order.  Sometimes the pinnumber and
the pinseq are different for a part.)

To set the pinseq attribute, you need to select the symbol, do
"hierarchy -> down", and then edit the symbol's pins in the symbol
editor.  Don't forget to save the symbol before leaving the symbol
editor.  Finally, you may need to delete and reload the symbol in
gschem before you can netlist it properly.

Stuart