Re: gEDA-user: Inability to move rectangle into other layer

Em Qui 06 Jan 2005 09:26, Karel Kulhavy escreveu:
> Hello
>
> I have a big rectangle in solder layer. A via is through it. A smaller
> rectangle is over the via that is threated using 's' to make it connect
> to the via. The smaller rectangle is blue (GND-sldr).
>
> I want to move the small rectangle into solder layer. I tried from both
> sides of the board using 'm' key while my current layer was solder
> and didn't succeed.
>
> Is there any other method how to move the rectangle?
>
> Cl<

Well, I think your problem is to connect a via to a rectangle, am I right? I
do it in another way (I dont knew about using s can connect a via to a
rectangle, lifing and learning :D ): I draw the rectangle, put the via over
it, draw a little line, increase it size with s until it gets bigger that the
via, place over it and press j over the line. So you dont need to move
nothing from one layer to another.
But, if you draw a rectangle in the solder layer, place a via, draw another
rectangle (smaller) over the via (it will become invisible, off course) and
press s over the area of the smaller rectangle, you will connect the via too.