Re: gEDA-user: Which library to use with gschem/gsch2pcb/pcb

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 10:55:11AM +0100, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> Maybe that is the all user starter question:
>
> I tried to make a schematic with some resistors, transistors, diodes.
> Nothing else.
>
> But pcb is not able to handle the results. Transistors give CBE instead of
> 123. The foorptint "R 0.5W" could not be found. It is in one of the "newlib"
> libraries. I saw that the footprint is translated to R-0.5W which is not the
> same, OK. I copied the resister file and changed "R 0.5W" to "R0.5W" but the
> it could not be found. The symbol is usable from pcb, that is not the
> problem.

Welcome to the wonderful world of gEDA and PCB.

I had the same problems when I started to use gschem and PCB on Ronja.

The situation you are experiencing is caused by the fact that most users
instead of complaining, just spend amount of time working around and stay
silent.

(The fact that I am absolutely pleased by gEDA & PCB doesn't mean that I
start pretending little problems are associated with it).

Cl<