gEDA-user: PAL/CPLD programming

I am looking for software to generate JEDEC files that can be
programmed into 22v10 PAL's and some of the older MACH isp parts.  Is
there anything open source that is available that will run under
Linux?

I found Icarus PAL, but it only seems to read JEDEC files, not write
them.  I know that Icarus Verilog will generate EDIF format.  Are
there any tools that will fit the EDIF to JEDEC files for 22v10's or
MACH parts?

We have been using the Lattice Design Direct software under Windows
98.  We have pretty much have to  reinstall Windows plus the
application software every semester because by the end of each
semester the machines are pretty much flakey due to viruses, spyware,
adware, etc.  I am hoping to reduce these problems by moving to Linux.
 The Lattice software starts up under wine, but causes an "unhandled
exception" when trying to open or create a new project file...

Thanks,
Bill.

--
Bill Dieter.
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering