Re: gEDA-user: Open-source friendly EE programs

On Thursday 13 January 2005 04:39, Oren Laskin wrote:
> > Senior capstone.  They need to do a PC board.  I gave them a
> > choice of either Eagle (runs on Windows) or PCB (runs on
> > anything except windows).
>
> I've been playing around with PCB on windows.  Is there something I
> should know that I'm doing wrong? :)

I've used PCB on windows with success.

Just install cygwin with the neccessary libraries and the compiler.
Compile and install PCB.

thats all.

> The main reason is my box at work is a Windows and my home PC is a
> Linux box and neither is very likely to change.

I used the same configuration last year. Well the cygwin system was on
an external usb-harddisk.

regards
Werner