Re: gEDA-user: adding footprints?!

Here is what I do for PCB symbols ---

Any m4 symbols that I have checked I copy into a new
directory (/local/pcb/packages.m4 in my system).
I use newlib methods for any symbols I create and copy
(or symlink) those to a different directory
(/local/pcb/packages in my system) that will be shared
among all projects.

Rather than create a "project" file for each project I
use the following shell script for all projects ---

#!/bin/bash
gsch2pcb --m4-pcbdir /local/pcb/packages.m4\
         --elements-dir /local/pcb/packages $@

(* jcl *)

http://www.meierrippin.com/pcb_landpattern_design.pdf