Re: gEDA-user: Device 2N3904 NPN

Em Qua 19 Jan 2005 16:30, Karel Kulhavy escreveu:
> Hello
>
> What is ideologically correct to fill in device and value for 2N3904?
> Should be device=2N3904, value="", or device="NPN", value="2N3904"?
> Or device="TRANSISTOR", value="2N3904"?
>
> Is there any definition how these attributes should be exactly filled in?
> So that when one designer makes a schematic so that another designer gets
> things he expects in places he expects.
>
> Cl<
IMHO the last one. I use it, because when I generate the bill of material with
gnetlist -g bom I will have in one column (I import it to gnumeric) the
device-like of the component, like Transistor, IC, etc, and on the other
their value or commercial name.
I dont think technical informations like NPN is inmportant to put there
because the bill of material is to buy the materials, and the girl (here in
Brazil normally girls works buying materials, I dont know why, but I like
it :D ) must know that she needs to buy a transistor called 2N3904. Technical
information can be in other fields, like documentation and stuff.