Re: gEDA-user: spdt, spst

Em Qua 19 Jan 2005 16:31, Karel Kulhavy escreveu:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 10:22:44AM -0800, John Luciani wrote:
> > SPST ..... Single Pole, Single Throw
> > SPDT ..... Single Pole, Double Throw
>
> What does "pole" and "throw" mean? I know just what north and south pole
> is. And also telephone pole.
>
> Cl<
I dont know what a telephone pole is, but a double pole, here called H-H (dont
know why) is when the key have a center pin, and two pins, the switch conduct
from the center pin to one pin in one position, and from the center to the
other pin in the other position.
Throw mean how many contacts the switch makes simultaneously. I have here
switches with 4 throws...